Stress is a word we hear and use often in describing how we feel or what is happening in our lives. We say things like:
- I feel stressed.
- That was so stressful.
- I need to get control over the stress in my life.
- This stress will make me sick.
- Stress will kill me.
- Here is how to avoid stress.
- How you can I be stress free?
- You/this stress(es) me out!
These all sound as if stress is outside of us, as if it is its own entity doing something to us. And as long as we take care of this outside source of stress, we won’t have it anymore.
It is true that stress is outside of us. But it isn’t doing something to us. There will always be stress, because stress is living life – things happen. Loss of a loved one, loss of a job, financial concerns, changes…
View original post 526 more words